Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Djokovic, Mr. Unstoppable??

"The king is dead,
Long live the new king"'
- Novak Djokovic's mother after he beat Federer in the 2008 Australian open Semifinal















Its has taken him three years to actually stamp his authority as the King of tennis and what a dramatic three years it has been for him.

Thrashing a hapless Murray in the Australian Open final, Annihilating the competition in the Dubai Open, taking Serbia to win the Davis cup, Novak has come a long long way. With almost everything from the mega first serve, to the cheesy drop shots, to the ripping ground-strokes in his arsenal I began to wonder if I was actually seeing the next big thing in tennis.

He is 18-0 this year (not including the Davis cup), and he is in SUPER HOT form, but is that enough to become the next Mr.Unstoppable of tennis??

Novak himself doesn't think so "I do have the best period of my life on the tennis court, but nobody is invincible," Djokovic said. "You are just trying to play your best in each match you're playing.

"I am extremely happy with the way I'm playing and with the success that I'm having. But I know that the season is very long, and I don't want to be too euphoric about the win. I need to celebrate a little bit, and then move on."

Djokovic will return to action at the Sony Ericsson Open in Miami later this week, where he will bid to continue his unbeaten start to the season, before turning his attentions to the clay-court season.

Can he win his first French open and cement his position as Mr. Unstoppable. Only time will tell..





No comments: